Tuesday, September 29, 2009

AMBITION


This week I’m working on an ambitious card routine. Nothing Earth-shattering: just a nice routine. It’s based on Bruce Elliot’s routine in “Great Secrets of the Master Magicians” first published in 1953. Although I have cut some things and added others, nothing in this routine is my own. I think it has a pretty nice flow. The reason for working on this routine is because it is a perfect oportunity to sneak in my newly aquired classic pass. As mentioned in a previous post I’ve been working for months on this essential sleight. In this particular routine of assorted and lovely bits I use a classic pass and a turn-over pass, lots of double lifts (of course!) and the tilt move. I like to finish with the "Pop Up Card" from Jean Hugard's "Expert Card Technique". I’m really excited to try it out! Once I'm confident with that classic pass, many previously closed doors will be kicked wide open!

No comments:

Post a Comment